Combine luxury train with luxury game lodge
Rovos Rail and Thornybush Package.
Recapture the romance of a bygone era as you step aboard the reconditioned wood-panelled coaches and enjoy fine cuisine in five-star luxury. Since its establishment in 1989, Rovos Rail has earned an international reputation for its truly world-class travel experiences. The trains - which may be hauled diesel or electric locomotives at various stages of the journey - carry a maximum of 72 passengers in 36 superbly appointed suites. Pride of place in the Rovos stable goes to the historic and restored Capital Park Station and locomotive yard, which is the heart and headquarters of this private railway company.
Thornybush has earned its reputation as one of the country’s finest bush experiences. Situated within 14 000 hectares of pristine wilderness, adjacent to the Kruger National Park. Thornybush has evolved over the years into a visitor’s paradise, "our collection of Lodges offers something for everyone. Bush lovers can saturate themselves, not only in the big five, but also in the remarkable fauna and flora," while less than enthusiastic bush goers can recoup their sanity relaxing in the luxurious surrounds, enjoying delicious cuisine and pampering themselves at one of the spas. Whatever your preference you never leave Thornybush the same as when you arrived. Testimony to this are the numerous visitor comments, the message is clear once you’ve experienced Thornybush it changes you profoundly. Each Lodge has been carefully selected to provide a variety of differing experiences and designed to meet the varying pockets of discerning travellers.
- One night accommodation in a Pullman Suite on Rovos Rail.
- (Deluxe Suite on Rovos Rail will carry a supplement of R 1,200 per person sharing)
- (Royal Suite on Rovos Rail will carry a supplement of R 4,000 per person sharing)
- Lunch, dinner, breakfast and selected local drinks on board Rovos Rail.
- Return Road transfers from Hoedspruit.
- Two nights accommodation at chosen Thornybush Collection Lodge.
- All meals, morning and afternoon game drives, optional bush walks, teas, coffees, snacks & conservation fees at chosen Thornybush Collection Lodge.
- Scheduled flight on SA Express – Hoedspruit Airport to OR Tambo Johannesburg or vice versa.
- Meals and drinks not mentioned.
- Personal expenses
Tax: 0.00 ZAR
19,960.00 ZAR p/p/s