For you convience to assist you we highlight the following when hiring a vehicle.
Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Pick-up and Drop-off times are extremely important. If you are booked to pick up your car at 08h00 on a specific day and drop off the car the following day by 08h00, this is classified as 1 day's rental. If for some reason you drop your car off at 08h30, you will be charged for a full extra day's car hire directly onto your credit card. Remember to always give yourself enough time to ensure that you drop off in time.
HWT-Centurion contracted rates are based on two options: Standard Cover (90%) Waiver and Super Cover (98%) Collision Damage Waiver and Theft Loss Waiver. You are therefore responsible, in the event of theft of or damage to the vehicle, for excess, * An Accident Administration fee of R456 will apply in the event of an accident or damage to the vehicle.
Additional Charges & Conditions
- A valid credit card belonging to the renter MUST be presented at the Avis counter when picking up your car.
- Debit cards are not accepted.
- The minimum age of rental is 21 years.
- Drivers' license must have been valid for a minimum period of 1 year.
- Authorization will be obtained on your credit card for the following :
- R1080 refundable fuel deposit
- R150 for any additional drivers
- R33.00 Avis Contract Fee
- Delivery & collection fees where applicable.
- Over and cross border fees where applicable.
- A no show charge equivalent to 1 day's rental will apply to rentals where the reserved car is not collected without a 48 hour prior cancellation.
- A one way drop off fee will apply when a vehicle is not returned to the same depot that it was collected from. This fee is payable directly to Avis. One way fees are available on request.